Registration is now open for the conference that will enable South West companies to stay one step ahead by identifying new consumer trends, exploring new technology and offering practical advice on how to develop a culture of innovation within their businesses.
Media production is facing constant evolution. From ‘apps’ to ‘IPTV’ to ‘HTML5’ to ‘ad-funded video marketing’, there is a constant barrage of new challenges and opportunities. It’s never been more important for media, digital and games companies to keep up with the changing landscape to understand how they can deliver the products, services and productions which will be in demand in one, two even three years ahead.
The 2011 conference will focus on:
· The future demand for media - What will audiences and consumers demand from media in the next three years
· The changing media landscape - What new experiences will media producers have to deliver to keep pace with technology
· The challenge to deliver media innovation – Practical guidance on how to implement a culture of innovation in your business to make sure you keep pace with the changing landscape
An exceptional line up of conference speakers will include:
- Chris Yapp (ex Head of Innovation for Microsoft and now an Independent Consultant working in technology and futures thinking).
- Jane Young(Technology Entrepreneur and founder of Scramblr).
- Adam Powers (BBC's Head of User Experience and Design for Branded Experiences).
- Ben Tomlinson (Creative Director of Poke where his clients include Orange, Manchester City Football Club and Tic Tac).
- Clare Reddington(Pervasive Media Studio).
- David Burton (Head of Innovation at Redweb).
- Ella Romanos(Remode).
- Matt Hatch(MD of Mubaloo).
- Patrick Towell(Golant Media Ventures).
More informarion about the speakers can be found by clicking here
Chris Yapp said: "It's imperative for businesses to be innovative in their structures, products and services in order to prosper. The conference will be a great opportunity for those working in companies across the South West to learn new practical techniques that they can take back to their own businesses and organisations. I'm excited to be involved."
Alongside the conference there will be a showcase event so that delegates can see the most exciting and experimental work from across the region. Demonstrations will feature some of the nominations from the Media & Innovation Awards and a wide range of disciplines, from mobile applications to interactive games.
Registration for the conference is now open and places can be booked at: www.mediainnovationconference.com/register.aspx . The cost is just £45 to include lunch and refreshments throughout the day. The conference will be followed by the Media & Innovation Awards which will take place at the Holiday Inn in Plymouth. Discounted combined tickets are available for just £80.
The Media & Innovation Awards, Conference and Showcase are part-funded by the Creative Industries iNet (Innovation Network), a programme of support designed to help the south west's creative businesses thrive and advance the region’s growing reputation as a global creative centre of excellence. The Creative Industries iNet is part of the Government's Solutions for Business portfolio, funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) and led by South West Screen.